Scientist Solutions: International Life Science Community By Scientists For Scientists

Home » Forums » Neuroscience » Equipment » Info on old Cryostat

Thanks to our sponsors who make this site possible

Info on old Cryostat

RSS Feed

Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?

Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer section of your bench space.

Available to members only. Please log in or register for your free account now.

JneuroH162
United States

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Topic Started by JneuroH162
on 6/18/2015 14:40 PM   
Reply to this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all,

Does anyone have any information about this old cryostat we found? Our lab does neurological research and is willing to use it if salvageable. Seems like it was fairly popular many years ago. Pictures are below. What I have found so far is this ad (http://pubs.acs.org/...021/ac60186a877), making it seem like a rather old piece of equipment. Has blades and all. Looking into functions soon. Really trying to get ahold of the instruction manual, but I can't seem to locate it on the interweb. What I already know is it's a harris cryostat made by International Equipment Co. Can't find squat online about this Model CT, just later harris models that aren't close to the style of this one. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached file: cryo 1.jpg
cryo 1.jpg

Attached file: cryo 3.jpg
cryo 3.jpg

Attached file: cryo 2.jpg
cryo 2.jpg

Replies
desertfox
United States

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Posted By desertfox
on 7/22/2015 2:28 AM   

Hi - would you have any interest in selling this?

krihol
Sweden

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Laureate
Posted By krihol
on 8/30/2015 17:48 PM   

Before considering using it I would check if it keeps a stable temperature, cut even sections thicknes  without any vibration when the compressor is turning on/off. Also keep in mind, that if the cryostat does not keep the temperature, it will have an effect on the compressor lifetime and performance. It is usually not worth the mony to replace a compressor. I would suggest that you buy an newer model, even if second hand, from a company that still is in buisness, so you can get a service agreement and sparepart easily if needed.

Mingo
United States

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Posted By Mingo
on 11/6/2015 20:50 PM   

Have you pluggd it in and temped it yet? I have a couple IEC CTD cryostats. very similar to it, maybe a generation newer. The only difference I can see is the control panel is set differently and there isn't an anti-fog swtich. What exactly are you looking to use it for and what would you like to know about them?

Louderthanbombs
United States

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Posted By Louderthanbombs
on 12/3/2016 22:57 PM   

Do you still have this ? Please contact me at ggr66@msn.com
Thank you 

As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.

By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.

You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.

A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.

learn more about member points.

Click here to
Become a member & join our
community (It's easy & free)
Already a member? Please log in
User Name  
Password  
Forget Password?
Scientists
Not finding the answer you need?

Post a new topic

You must be logged in to post. Log in above.
Not a member yet? Click here to register
(it's free)
Thank You to Our Sponsor