Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems. Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Finance Function acts as a proactive business partner, advising and making recommendations based upon financial projections and historical performance. Finance also provides financial expertise companywide and ensures accurate and efficient transaction processing.
Scope of Position:
Provide financial leadership for the Fairport, NY plant as well as the plant’s finance department in meeting all financial and managerial accounting requirements. The Fairport plant is in Corning Specialty Materials Division.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead the finance function for the Plant, and be a key member and decision maker of the management staff.
- Proactively utilize business partnership skills to move the plant to better cost understanding and higher profitability.
- Analyze and report on key plant operational and accounting metrics. Present plant financial performance in various forums as required.
- Supervise the Finance department to ensure timely and accurate completion of plant accounting activities, including” month end close, period reporting, fixed asset management, inventory valuation, product costing, budgeting, Green book and overall asset and liability control.
- Lead financial awareness and understanding among plant employees by hosting various training opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate support of CGTs divisional requirements and Corning Finance functions.
- Implement and ensure business adherence to internal finance controls including data and reporting standards and compliance (Sarbanes Oxley regulations, internal and external audits).
- Design and implement programs, processes, and procedures to reduce cycle time and better decision making in support of the achievement of corporate, function and business goals and objectives.
- Provides finance expertise and decision support to business leaders in support of the division strategy (efficient turnaround time to inquiries from internal customers).
- Identifies and assess the financial implications (ROI, IRR & Payback) of capital investments.
- Monitor, identify and support deviations to budget and forecast.
- Provide plant staff timely (during the month) variations to forecast and mitigation options before period close.
- Support On- Site Development and engineering groups with experimentation costs, charge outs, project analytics and Capital AR financials.
- Ability to take on various ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
- Ability and willingness to spend time on production floor; learn and understand manufacturing processes and products.
- Focus on Cost Reduction
- Fundamental understanding on plant / product costs
- Drive Cost Reduction initiatives
- Support engineering in identifying and calculating Cost Reduction implications for various projects / initiatives
Required Education/Skills: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
Desired Education: MBA
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Controller experience (within or outside Corning)
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong financial and accounting background
- Deep understanding of financial controls
- Ability to be comfortable interacting and communicating with all aspects of the business, including plant staff and senior managers.
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint Skills
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to be creative in providing financial solutions to business leaders.
- Team player, Business partner, Customer focused
- Ability to embrace change and act under pressure in fast-paced environment
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)