Manager - Learning Technologies
Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?
Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer
section of your bench space.
Available to members only. Please log in or register
for your free account now.
Topic Started by chakungal
on 11/4/2015 16:23 PM
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that delivers a workforce that is Corning's competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, and Global, Scale able, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible.
Scope of Position:
• Oversees Corning’s learning technologies, including the Sum Total LMS, Become Corning, and The Blue Line
• Acts as the liaison between various internal and external stakeholders, including HRIS, IT, vendors, learning consultants, and end users
• Aligns Learning technologies with the HR systems and data strategies
• Researches emerging learning technologies and trends and advises senior leaders on their benefits and risks, making recommendations required to support the evolution of learning, demographics, and the workplace over time
• Collaborates with the businesses and functions to identify learning content strategies and service delivery channels
• May consult and manage the design, development and deployment of large scale learning solutions
• Manages projects to deliver new capability for learning
• Manages learning technologies ongoing releases, ensuring release management QA process is completed and deployments are seamless to end users
• Manages learning technology supplier relationships and provides suppliers with continuous Corning feedback, especially regarding the user experience
• Manages procurement negotiations/contracts for learning technologies and shared services with suppliers in conjunction with Global Supply Management personnel. Manages additional SOWs/SLAs as needed
• Provides strategic direction/management for the Learning Shared Services Center (outsourced model) including resourcing, knowledge transfer, project prioritization, and SLA metrics
• Provides strategic consulting to the businesses/functions to effectively make use of available learning technologies to meet business/function goals
• Communicates with BUHR, HR COEs, and learning professionals worldwide regarding learning technologies roadmap, strategies, change management, etc.
• Works collaboratively with Corning IT and suppliers to create strategy and to implement and/or update various IT components required to support strategy
• Oversees the local training coordinators worldwide, ensuring standard processes and tools are available for learning administration and providing development opportunities
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with business/function personnel (learning and non-learning) to understand needs, explore options, and design and implement solutions for learning initiatives through the use and integration of learning and HR technology.
• Oversees learning shared services workload and projects including supplier SLAs and quality, and provides continuous feedback and improvement ideas. Works with supplier executive teams as needed to create awareness around Corning’s needs and prompt for further action.
• Manages level 3-4 system support activities to ensure issues are escalated to the highest levels of supplier organizations and/or Corning IT to expedite resolutions and obtain root cause, corrective actions and sustainability plans
• Markets the value of WD&L’s Learning Technologies and certifies Local Training Coordinators to businesses/functions.
• Manages Local Training Coordinator resources and development opportunities including the online Local Training Coordinator Resource Center, LTC User Group virtual classes and ongoing communications
• Identifies continuous improvement areas, assists with development of action plans and timing, and monitors progress.
• Some project and relationship building related (domestic and global)
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern time zone with frequent early morning or evening conference calls to support global businesses
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Adult Education, Instructional Technology
• Master’s degree in related area ( a plus)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3 - 5 years or related experience(learning and development)
• At least 2 years of LMS oversight (Sum Total ROD SaaS a plus)
• Global experience
• Successful experience in building learning solutions
• Successful track record in the deployment of global talent/learning systems, programs and processes
Desired Areas of Experiences:
• Successful track record of performance in managing LMS and learning shared service
• Experience managing individuals, teams, suppliers
Required and Other Preferred Skills:
• People/team management
• Business Acumen
• Digital Confidence
• Problem Solving
• Change management
• Strong consulting skills
• Project management
• Vendor management
• Cross boundary and global collaboration
• Reporting and Analytics
• Process orientation
• Communication and organizational skills
• The ability to synthesize and simplify the complex in clear, user-friendly language
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
Apply online at:
Posted By amyfinn
on 2/25/2016 4:45 AM
By finding out about innovation, not just those one pick up favorable position in a quickly developing mechanical world, one additionally can all the more effectively do one’s life. Simply consider that a large portion of the things that individuals handle are managed a PC or mobile phone, and numerous tedious activities are additionally connected with them, for example, writing archives and managing innovative issues, for example, infections. custom essays. By figuring out how to utilize one proficiently, you would basically cut a huge part of time already committed to it.
As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.
By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.
You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.
A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.
learn more about member points.
Become a member & join our
community (It's easy & free)
Already a member? Please log in
|Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno|
UNIVERSIDAD DE AMBERES FACULTAD DE FILOSOFÍA Y LETRAS DEPARTAMENTO DE LINGÜÍSTICA Vacante Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno (Ref. AP/2007/037) Tareas Impartir clases de morf......
|Faculty Positions - Geodesy and Geo-informatics|
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill the following academic posts at the Cyprus University of Technology. 1. Faculty of Engineering And Technology One (1) post at the rank of Professor o......
|Masters / PhD Scholarship - Software Defined Radio Systems|
Applications are invited for a Masters/PhD studentship in the area of interoperability of software defined radio systems. This area of research, led by Dr. Ronan Farrell, as part of substantial ongoing activities in the Institute of Microelectronics and ......
|Professor of Computer Science|
Area: Applied Security (Code F1-070005) "Computer security and reliability" is one of the strategic priorities of the University of Luxembourg. Applied security is intended to complement the current expertise in computer security in the Comput......
|Research Associate - Cancer Communications and Screening|
(Ref:334) Applications are sought for a researcher with a health psychology background to work in the Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Unit, to contribute to projects on cancer screening, particularly colorectal cancer. The programme is run by Pr......
|Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer - Industrial / Organizational Psychology|
Vacancy No: A329-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level (approximately equiv......
|Faculty Position - Applied Psychology|
Vacancy No: A330-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer or level (approximately eq......
|Research Associate (fixed-term) - Neuronal Membrane Strain|
The post is funded by a four year EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development o......
|PhD Studentships in the Biophysical Sciences Institute|
These posts are funded by an EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development of new......
|Research Associate - Distributed Sensor Signal Processing|
This post is part of an initiative from the Institute for Digital Communications at Edinburgh to develop a core of theoretical activity in Distributed Sensor Signal Processing. You will be working on the problem of devising and analyzing algorithms to......
|PhD Studentships - Mechanical Engineering (Tribology)|
Imperial College is ranked in the top ten universities of the world, according to the 2006 Times Higher Education Supplement league tables Applications are invited for two research studentships in the field of Tribology, leading to the award of a PhD d......
|Postdoc Position in G Protein Signaling|
POSTDOC POSITION G PROTEIN SIGNALING To study mechanisms of signal amplification, integration and timing in receptor-G protein-effector systems. We work both with purified proteins and in cells. We try to focus on essential mechanisms of s......
|NIH Postdoctoral Position: Cartilage MRI/NMR|
A postdoctoral position is available in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Section (Richard G. Spencer, Chief) of the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health, located in Baltimore, Maryland. The work will cente......
|Pharmacology / Pharmacokinetics Lecturer / Senior Lecturer|
Charles Sturt University Pharmacology/Pharmacokinetics Lecturer/Associate Lecturer Orange Campus Background The successful applicant will be based in the School of Biomedical Sciences, a well established academic unit in the......
|Assistant Professor, History|
The University of Nevada, Reno History department is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor - United States in the World. We seek a scholar who specializes in the history of the United States and its cultural, political, and/or economic interactions......
|Postdoc - Biological Self-Assembly|
A postdoctoral associate position is available funded by NIH to study biological self-assembly at Vanderbilt University. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biophysics or Computational Biol......
|Postdoc Positions: Biointerfaces (physical chemistry)|
Open Post-doc (12 to 24 months) and Ph-D Positions are available in the field of physical-chemistry of bacterial interactions with their environment. Applicants should have a strong background in physical-chemistry and preferably knowledge in biophy......
|Assistant Professor - Museum Studies and Arts Education|
Museum Studies and Arts Education Assistant Professor Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-126 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Monday, December 3, 2007 California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB), is a comprehensive public univers......
|Professorship in Marine / Coastal Science and Policy|
James W. Rote Distinguished Professorship in Marine/Coastal Science and Policy Associate or Full Professor, Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-125 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Friday, January 4, 2008 The Division of Science an......
We wish to recruit an experienced researcher* for two years. The salary of the recruited scientist will be funded by the Transfer of Knowledge programme of the European Union.This person will work at the National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF), Ath......