Plant HR Manager
Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?
Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer
section of your bench space.
Available to members only. Please log in or register
for your free account now.
Topic Started by chakungal
on 11/4/2015 16:45 PM
Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global delivers a workforce that is Corning's competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scaleable, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible.
• Ensures each plant has the right number and type of talent required to execute plant strategy and achieve desired business results
• Ensures each plant realizes required levels of employee productivity and performance excellence required to execute plant strategy and achieve desired business results
• Ensures each plant establishes and maintains a positive work environment and operates as “One Corning" in support of Corning’s Values;
• Achieves or beats plant budgetary objectives in support of top quartile cost performance objectives while maintaining appropriate levels of HR service delivery
• Ensures the successful implementation of global HR business processes within the plant
• Ensures plant compliance with HR-related legal and regulatory guidelines
• Collaborates with Division Mfg. HR Manager to prioritize current and future talent requirements of both plants which could adversely affect achievement of annual business objectives
• Takes actions required to address key talent gaps, ensuring each plant has the right people in the right place at the right time
• Coordinates with Division Manufacturing HR Manager and partners with each plant management to identify and implement targeted division, plant, and individual development plans that address targeted talent gaps in a timely manner
• Partners with Division Manufacturing HR and each plant management to identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables the client to attract and retain the number and type of talent required to close talent gaps
• Supports each plant management in effectively deploying performance management and rewards processes/practices to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers
• Effectively deploys HR shared service delivery model in support of HR transformational goals and required levels of client support
• Collaborates closely with Division Manufacturing HR to understand and implement HR programs that drive standardization across the division while ensuring each plant business needs are met
• Functions as the voice of each plant customer to HR to ensure that the type and level of services provided fully support achievement of each plant business objectives
• Educates each plant management in development and implementation of required programs and processes to drive a positive work environment through each plant management and supervisors
• Resolves employee relations issues in a fair and consistent manner that recognizes employee needs and protects the needs of each plant to operate in an effective and efficient manner
• Establishes and maintains a presence on each plant floor to keep a read on the pulse of the organization
• Implements appropriate risk management policies and procedures to ensure each plants’ compliance with safety requirements and local, state, and federal employment laws in conjunction with each plant staff.
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or Labor Relations
• At least 5 years of HR experience (generalist/specialist) or equivalent
• Successful track record of performance in plant HR specialist role (Plant #2 role)
• Successful track record in the deployment of global HR business processes or programs
• Strong Communication skills at all levels
• Knowledge of California employment laws and policies
• Proficient in verbal and written English language skills
• Can function effectively in an English as a Second Language (ESL) environment
• Travel required 25%
• Master’s degree in related area and/or HR certifications (SPHR)
• First line supervision/experience
• Experience or training in quality/safety management
• E Greenbelt certification
• Work experience (assignment/project participation) in aligning plant leadership around organization direction, design, and governance/decision rights
• Work experience in designing and implementing effective organization structures and work processes that improve plant ability to achieve desired results— product start up, expansion, or mature business optimization
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
Apply online at:
As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.
By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.
You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.
A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.
learn more about member points.
Become a member & join our
community (It's easy & free)
Already a member? Please log in
|Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno|
UNIVERSIDAD DE AMBERES FACULTAD DE FILOSOFÍA Y LETRAS DEPARTAMENTO DE LINGÜÍSTICA Vacante Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno (Ref. AP/2007/037) Tareas Impartir clases de morf......
|Faculty Positions - Geodesy and Geo-informatics|
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill the following academic posts at the Cyprus University of Technology. 1. Faculty of Engineering And Technology One (1) post at the rank of Professor o......
|Masters / PhD Scholarship - Software Defined Radio Systems|
Applications are invited for a Masters/PhD studentship in the area of interoperability of software defined radio systems. This area of research, led by Dr. Ronan Farrell, as part of substantial ongoing activities in the Institute of Microelectronics and ......
|Professor of Computer Science|
Area: Applied Security (Code F1-070005) "Computer security and reliability" is one of the strategic priorities of the University of Luxembourg. Applied security is intended to complement the current expertise in computer security in the Comput......
|Research Associate - Cancer Communications and Screening|
(Ref:334) Applications are sought for a researcher with a health psychology background to work in the Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Unit, to contribute to projects on cancer screening, particularly colorectal cancer. The programme is run by Pr......
|Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer - Industrial / Organizational Psychology|
Vacancy No: A329-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level (approximately equiv......
|Faculty Position - Applied Psychology|
Vacancy No: A330-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer or level (approximately eq......
|Research Associate (fixed-term) - Neuronal Membrane Strain|
The post is funded by a four year EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development o......
|PhD Studentships in the Biophysical Sciences Institute|
These posts are funded by an EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development of new......
|Research Associate - Distributed Sensor Signal Processing|
This post is part of an initiative from the Institute for Digital Communications at Edinburgh to develop a core of theoretical activity in Distributed Sensor Signal Processing. You will be working on the problem of devising and analyzing algorithms to......
|PhD Studentships - Mechanical Engineering (Tribology)|
Imperial College is ranked in the top ten universities of the world, according to the 2006 Times Higher Education Supplement league tables Applications are invited for two research studentships in the field of Tribology, leading to the award of a PhD d......
|Postdoc Position in G Protein Signaling|
POSTDOC POSITION G PROTEIN SIGNALING To study mechanisms of signal amplification, integration and timing in receptor-G protein-effector systems. We work both with purified proteins and in cells. We try to focus on essential mechanisms of s......
|NIH Postdoctoral Position: Cartilage MRI/NMR|
A postdoctoral position is available in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Section (Richard G. Spencer, Chief) of the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health, located in Baltimore, Maryland. The work will cente......
|Pharmacology / Pharmacokinetics Lecturer / Senior Lecturer|
Charles Sturt University Pharmacology/Pharmacokinetics Lecturer/Associate Lecturer Orange Campus Background The successful applicant will be based in the School of Biomedical Sciences, a well established academic unit in the......
|Assistant Professor, History|
The University of Nevada, Reno History department is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor - United States in the World. We seek a scholar who specializes in the history of the United States and its cultural, political, and/or economic interactions......
|Postdoc - Biological Self-Assembly|
A postdoctoral associate position is available funded by NIH to study biological self-assembly at Vanderbilt University. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biophysics or Computational Biol......
|Postdoc Positions: Biointerfaces (physical chemistry)|
Open Post-doc (12 to 24 months) and Ph-D Positions are available in the field of physical-chemistry of bacterial interactions with their environment. Applicants should have a strong background in physical-chemistry and preferably knowledge in biophy......
|Assistant Professor - Museum Studies and Arts Education|
Museum Studies and Arts Education Assistant Professor Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-126 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Monday, December 3, 2007 California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB), is a comprehensive public univers......
|Professorship in Marine / Coastal Science and Policy|
James W. Rote Distinguished Professorship in Marine/Coastal Science and Policy Associate or Full Professor, Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-125 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Friday, January 4, 2008 The Division of Science an......
We wish to recruit an experienced researcher* for two years. The salary of the recruited scientist will be funded by the Transfer of Knowledge programme of the European Union.This person will work at the National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF), Ath......