We seek a talented, collaborative inter-disciplinary scientist
to lead work on the computational analysis
of high-dimensional tissue
and molecular profiling data
. This individual will play a key scientific role leveraging innovative computational analysis
strategies and rich patient data
to empower data
-driven decisions for therapeutic
programs in Celgene’s Hematology, Oncology
(HemOnc) & Late Translational Thematic Center of Excellence (TCoE).
Applications range from providing deep insight into therapeutic
mechanisms of action for existing and novel therapies as they transition into clinic, identification and predictive leverage of patient phenotypes
associated with therapeutic
effect and outcome in key indications, and downstream development of molecular biomarker
hypotheses into clinical diagnostics
scenarios will involve exploratory clinical data
and output from transcriptomic, proteomic, genomic
, and a wide range of innovative cell
-molecular profiling platforms.
The position would suit an individual with strong scientific leadership potential and excellent communication and collaboration skills. Applications are encouraged from those involved in innovative translational biomarker
research for complex oncology
indications in clinical
or industrial research environments. The role offers the opportunity to impact directly the delivery of truly transformational and life-changing therapies in key diseases of unmet medical need.
Strong interest in the inter-disciplinary application of computational analysis
methods to life sciences data
is imperative. Areas of particular focus
include: elucidation of pleiotropic therapeutic
actions via molecular profiling of complex cell culture
models; methods to highlight clear mechanistic differentiation between compound mechanisms in key indications; and predictive patient stratification to identify biomarker
-defined subgroups of unmet medical need and/or enriched therapeutic
response via machine learning analysis
of molecular profiling data
Working in collaboration with computational, biological and clinical
scientists across the Celgene Research and Early Development organization, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Pursuit and supervision of leading computational biology
research towards key Celgene scientific objectives
, including line management
of junior staff.
• Active participation as a core team member in the HaemOnc & Late Translational Thematic Center of Excellence (TCoE).
• Coordinated application of novel computational analysis
and biological interpretation approaches to leverage internal, public and partner datasets and empower data
-driven decisions across therapeutic
• Multi-disciplinary collaboration to investigate compound and disease
properties, influence decision making across the translational research and clinical
development process, and feedback to inform early development of novel therapies.
integration across assay
platforms and knowledge transfer from pre-clinical
experiments to clinical
• Guide development of molecular patient selection and biomarker
hypotheses towards clinical diagnostics
• Participation in and oversight of scientific report writing. Presentation of methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard.
• Contribution to planning and execution of collaborative projects with leading academic and commercial research groups worldwide.
PhD and Post-doctoral experience in relevant discipline
Background experience & complementary knowledge
• A Ph
.D. in computational biology
, or related field from a recognized higher-education establishment.
• 7+ years post-doctoral experience of inter-disciplinary computational and molecular biomarker
research in university, hospital or biotechnology
• 3+ years experience in pharma/biotech research environment preferable.
• Strong knowledge required of predictive analytical
practice and molecular diagnostic
development. Working knowledge of clinical
• Previous experience of research supervision and track record of peer-reviewed publication in relevant scientific journals.
• Expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming and data
manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, and contemporary, open-source bioinformatics
tools and database structures.
• Proven problem-solving skills, collaborative nature and adaptability across disciplines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English language skills prerequisite.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
United States-New Jersey-Summit
Research and Development